WELCOME TO MY SITE!

Text Welcome Words

A WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE! ENJOY AND TAKE TIME TO READ MY POSTS!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

HOBBIES

“All play and no work makes Jack a dull boy.”

This is what the English proverbs say. Man cannot really just do all the work that he can do but there should be recreations also to freshen up again his senses to continue again working. We have our personal hobbies.

I consider being my hobbies as reading books, watching the TV, especially surfing the internet and many more. I am not a sports minded person and so I have no real interest for hobbies that includes body works.

Reading books. One of my favorite past time is reading books that is why books for me are really important. I do not just throw away old books even if it is published in the 20th Century. I scan it first if its contents can help me in my intellectual and spiritual enrichment. I love books that are about religions and beliefs, history, biographies of people, and some fiction books. If I were given a thousand pesos, I will not just buy it to clothes or others but I will prioritize books especially the books that I want to buy.

Watching TV. I do not really watch a show that I am not interested of. Before viewing it, there should be an inner appeal to me and should really be interesting to watch. Basically, I like shows that are documentaries, comedy shows, melodrama sometimes, but most especially the news. And also anything that brings spiritual theme especially Catholic spirituality.

Surfing the internet. Probably I can say that this is my most favorite hobby because presently I find in the web the things that the physical world cannot give me. I meet people that become my friends even if it is only through a computer connected to the internet. And because of the internet I can express fully my thoughts for I find here people who are open to accept me as a whole. And because the internet has brought me to things that I thought I can never be or I can never reach.

We have our hobbies. But these hobbies should only be a way to entertain us. They should not become the reason to block our priorities in life rather these hobbies should help us to bring more enrichment to face the realities of life.

No comments:

ADVERTISMENTS AND PROMOTIONS

INTERCESSION TO SERVANT OF GOD, JOHN PAUL II

Photobucket