WELCOME TO MY SITE!

Text Welcome Words

A WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE! ENJOY AND TAKE TIME TO READ MY POSTS!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye 17, Hello 18: My Birthday Blog...

I am already 18 years old today, August 2. Born on the same date in 1990 in the Sunshine City, Laoag, in the northern province of the Philippines, Ilocos Norte. Given by God to a pure Ilocano couple and to a Catholic family. And that child grew to what he is today. And certainly that is me, no other.

The people who know me, understand my personality. I am friendly but shy. I am matured but acts like a child. I am serious but funny all of the time. I always smile but I can show you my dangerous frown if you want. I can pretend but enough is enough. And certainly I am what I am.

17 is gone in my life but 18 is now coming. 17 have brought me many memories, many important things in my life. I have met many different people in my 17. People whom I've met accidentally, not knowing if these people are really true or not. But I, through meeting them in the internet, already know who are the real and the fake. I admire all of them at first but through time I carefully saw their real attitudes and personalities. And I can say I know the real ones. I cannot really judge for I do not know them personally but by there instant acts in the internet shows who they are.

I have encountered Anluwage.com and the Confraternity of Catholic Saints (CCS). The story of Anluwage begins when Manong Pietro suddenly sent me a private message at Friendster exactly on the new year. And so he told me everything and now I am part of it. It is nice to share talents in the internet. And through Anluwage, for the first time an article of mine was used, a sign of credibility, but not only of a simple organization but the CBCP News Service. And so I am grateful to Anluwage although I am not active this time.

CCS? I can never forget to thank this organization. Thanks to Friendster again I have met the Director, Fra. Dave, ccs along with Fra. John, ccs. I have read about CCS first in Multiply when I was just starting but I disregard it for I am not a full time user then of Multiply. Then December 27 came and I saw again CCS in Multiply and also I saw Fra. Dave at 100% Katolikong Pinoy. I have sent my first e-mail to him on December 28. Then because I was in amazement that moment I have created the wikipedia article of the Confraternity (that needs improvement now but I cannot process it because of hectic schedule at school). And the all is history. I will always thank CCS for accepting me, the stranger, trusting me to check the Manual and making other things eventhough I am a stranger and far away from them.

Many had happened, I have met religious men, Fr. Bernardine, FI with Bro. Jaycee, MIM, and also my American friend, Bro. Zilli Goretti, MM. And still continuing meeting many other people. I have also for the first time approach a priest, the Vicar General of the Diocese, Msgr. Policarpo Albano. And also I have continued to know Kuya Francis. I have also met the Davao Cahpter President of the Catholic Faith Defenders, Inc., Bro. Ryan Mejillano, who is somewhat helping and training me in apologetics. For those I have not mentioned you know who you are, and I thank you for making 17 a colorful year to me

Many aspects of me have already developed because of these people. Thank you very much to all of you.

I knew that my birthday does not only fall when Gulf War begins but it has a Marian feast also, the Feastday of Our Lady of the Angels of the Portiuncula, an important feast for the Franciscans. Portiuncula is the place where St. Francis the Order of Friars Minor in Assisi. I knew this thing from Bro. Jaycee, MIM.

Well, 17 have left me with many memories but I know that 18 will God's will.

Goodbye 17, Hello 18!

Happy birthday to me and may God bless me!

No comments:

ADVERTISMENTS AND PROMOTIONS

INTERCESSION TO SERVANT OF GOD, JOHN PAUL II

Photobucket